Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Lemon Chia Seed Pudding (Dairy free)


While walking through Costco one day I spied a large bag of organic chia seeds at a great price so I added it to my cart. When I got home and put them away in the cupboard I began to have a little bit of buyers remorse. Why on earth did I buy such a big bag of chia seeds? I only occasionaly used them. Could I really get through that whole bag? I began to worry that they would end up going to waste. Then . . . enter chia seed pudding! I love this delicious creamy pudding in all its varieties, and I especially love how easy it is to whip up. Thanks to chia seed puddings I am happy to say I made it through my entire bag of chia seeds and am now well into my second bag. My go-to chia seed pudding recipe is my (dairy free) One Minute Chia Seed Pudding since I'm always oh-so-busy and it's oh-so fast to make. But my second favorite is this Lemon Chia Seed Pudding. The flavor is so light and fresh and summery. When I have an extra lemon on hand and an extra minute or two I love to make this easy snack.

But why eat chia seeds? Because they are a super food! These little seeds are packed full of fiber, protein, and my very favorite mineral, magnesium! But there is so much more to these super seeds than that. Read more about their health benefits here.

I highly recommend using Aroy-d coconut milk when making this pudding. It's free of added synthetic vitamins, gums, thickeners, and fillers. It's just pure coconut milk with the most incredible taste.

If the lemon you're using is a bit larger be sure to add the 6 tablespoons of chia seeds to make it a bit thicker--otherwise 5 tablespoons should be enough. If you don't have any turmeric feel free to leave it out. It's mostly added to give your lemon pudding that pretty yellow color. It still tastes amazingly good without it.





Lemon Chia Seed Pudding
nourishing-bites.blogspot.com/

Ingredients:

1 cup Aroy-d coconut milk
5-6 tablespoons chia seeds
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Zest of one lemon 
Juice from one medium/small lemon
1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional for color)

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in glass bowl and whisk together. Cover and chill in refrigerator 6-8 hours or overnight. Serve cold.

Printable recipe


-Amy


2 comments:

  1. Thnaks for informing us.Your year-round immunity hero, organic elderberry, combined with vitamin C, vitamin D, Elderberry and zinc to protect and defend anywhere, anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...