Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Custard


I love custard! Loooove it!

I loved it so much as a girl that when I was just nine years old my mother taught me how to make a simple four ingredient custard using the classic red and white gingham Better Homes and Garden cookbook. I learned pretty quick how to make it all by myself and loved that I could whip up one of my favorite treats all on my own. It's still one of my favorite recipes. Since my nine-year-old baking days I've branched out a little with my custard recipes. One of the favorites around our home now is this Pumpkin Pie Custard. I usually make up a double batch every week. My kids love to eat it as a morning snack and this past summer we found we loved the leftover custard in the fridge for a quick and easy breakfast. I love the pumpkin flavor blended with that classic eggy-custardy flavor. It's the perfect combination

This recipe is easy to whip together, the kids love it, and it's full of good for you ingredients. You really can't go wrong with this one!





Pumpkin Pie Custard
nourishingbites.blogspot.com

Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted and cooled
1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (if using canned pumpkin this should equal one full can)
1/3 - 1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup (I stick with 1/3 cup but you can up it for a sweeter taste)
1/2 cup milk kefir, plain whole milk yogurt, or coconut milk (optional)
1/3 cup almond flour (I like Wellbee's for it's fine texture)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon Real Salt

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Add eggs to large bowl and whisk. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.

3. Pour mixture into a buttered 8 x 8 baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Best served cold.

Printable recipe


-Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...